With GEN’s new Code of Conduct, we have a responsibility to ensure our events are safe spaces for all. This course will teach how to understand when intervention is necessary at an event and how to appropriately intervene.
27 in stock
Every single one of us plays a role in violence prevention—whether it’s something we’re exposed to directly or not. Together, we want to empower our communities to have the ability to recognise when a problematic situation is taking place and feel empowered to effectively interrupt the behaviour. With GEN’s new Code of Conduct, we have a responsibility to ensure our events are safe spaces for all.
Through education, the aim of this training is to raise awareness around the ways in which abusive behaviour is embedded in our culture as well as the subtler issues that support a potentially harmful environment. Our programs challenge the root attitudes, beliefs and behaviours that normalise violence against women, inequality, racism, discrimination and bullying within our society. We recognise that to facilitate change, we need to open a dialogue about the dynamics and context of all forms of violence.
Learning outcomes include:
- Recognise their personal leadership and how this extends beyond their professional roles
- Role modelling positive bystander action and encouraging staff to be effective bystanders – this will include modelling accountability for when they may not always get it right
- Discusses what a ‘sense of belonging’ feels like and why we as leaders should create it
- Understand their workplace culture and how to ensure it aligns with the organisational values
- Discusses intention vs impact and the importance of psychological safety for all people
- Improved awareness of own unconscious biases and cultural/societal influences in decision making, judgement, recruitment and generalisations
- Provide them the skills to respond with empathy and respect in difficult conversations and situations.
- Provide leaders the tools and practical solutions to challenge problematic behaviour, including bystander scripts
- Learn self-care for themselves as Managers andempower them to effectively balance their professional obligations with their own health and wellbeing